Google Workspace for Education is a cloud-based suite of productivity tools, which includes:
Collectively, these are known as Google Core Apps. These core apps are available to the UCSB community (students, faculty, staff, and affiliates) at no-cost, with no advertisements. These apps are covered under the University of California systemwide contract with Google.
Please note: additional Google Workspace Marketplace Apps are available for your use, but are not covered under our UC contract. View full list of enabled Marketplace Apps.
At a Glance
Key benefits and features:
- Collaboratively create, edit, and share across teams using tools like Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, and more
- Communication tools including Google Meet, Gmail, and Chat
- Data loss prevention for Gmail and Drive
- Can be used in compliance with FERPA, COPPA, and GDPR
- Mobile applications available for iOS and Android
- Cloud-based hosting
- Approved for UC P3 data
- Data encrypted in transit and at rest
*Google Workspace for Education is not acceptable for any institutional data classified as "critical," including certain personally identifiable human subject data. Please visit the Security website for detailed information related to acceptable data use on Google Workspace.