Connect Groups is the brand name for Google Groups for Business, which is a group management and mailing list service available to anyone with a Connect Google account.
Google Groups makes communication and collaboration with groups quick and easy. In addition to serving as a standard mailing list, you can use it to send calendar invites, and manage document sharing and permissions.
Any new requests for a google group should be fulfilled by contacting your department's CDA (Connect Department Admin).
At a Glance
- Ability to archive mailing lists
- Integration to Google Apps such as Email, Drive, and Calendar allows for easy file sharing group members
- Flexibility to configure your list settings to meet your communication needs
- Cloud-based hosting
- Groups for Business is approved for UC P3 data *
- Data encrypted in transit and at rest
*Google Workspace for Education is not acceptable for any institutional data classified as "critical," including certain personally identifiable human subject data. Please visit the Security website for detailed information related to acceptable data use on Google.