Google Chat is a modern communications application that makes it easy for teams to collaborate in an organized way. Chat offers both 1:1 instant messaging and chat spaces (aka rooms) for ongoing and long-term conversations. Schedule meetings, create tasks, or get updates from your team right within Chat using bots to help speed up workflows.
Chat offers seamless integration with G Suite apps like Google Meet, Docs, Sheets, and Slides so you can manage your team's work in one place.
At a Glance
- Create rooms for ongoing, long-term conversations
- Threaded conversations
- Android or iOS mobile apps available
- Download native apps for Windows or MacOS
- Use @meet Bot to help schedule meetings and other tasks within Chat
- Share documents and files from Drive
- Approved for UC P3 data *
- Approved for FERPA data
- Data encrypted in transit and at rest
*Google Workspace for Education is not acceptable for any institutional data classified as "critical," including certain personally identifiable human subject data. Please visit the Security website for detailed information related to acceptable data use on Google.